Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Plums at the Ritz Carlton

For our anniversary, my wife and I had dinner at the Plums restaurant located inside the Ritz Carlton hotel.  We had reservations for 7pm, but we there was only one other couple while we were dining. 
The manager was waiting for us at the door and sat us at our table.  My wife and both reviewed the menu online beforehand, and I was intrigued by the "WOW" burger.  It's made of 300gr of wagyu beef and topped pan seared duck foie gras, red berry sauce, caramelized onion and porcini mushroom compote.  After receiving the menu, I didn't see the WOW burger offered; however, the waiter reassured me that it was available.  So, I ordered the burger and my wife ordered the 220gr Center Cut Tenderloin with a blue cheese butter with parsley sauce and an order of eggplant on the side.  We also ordered calamari for an appetizer.  After our waiter took our drinks and order, we were given a complimentary smoked duck and melon appetizer to start us off with. 

We were also provided a selection of breads to choose from.  A nice part of the experience, was the waiter bringing out an assortment of knives from all around the word, I chose the japanese and my wife chose the european knife with an antler handle.  The calamari was delicious.  When my plate came out, I was "WOW'ed" by the size of the sandwich, not knowing exactly how to eat it.  I simply cut the sandwich in half and went at it. It was absolutely delicious.  The plate also came with duck fat fried fries with an assortment if sauces to try.  I was a little disappointed in the fries, but that was the first time eating fries like that.  I think I was expecting them to be a little more crispy.  My wife was absolutely satisfied with her meal.  She ordered her steak well-done, and it was still melt in you mouth. During the course of our dinner, we were visited by the chef, to ensure everything was prepared to our liking.

As if we had room, we went all out and ordered the Trio Cream Brulee for dessert.  It too was very delicious.  This was one of those very special dining occasions.  The price tag can be expensive, (38BD for the Wow Burger) but well worth the experience.   


Center Cut Tenderloin and Eggplant

Wow Burger and Duck Fat Fried Fries

Trio Creme Brulee (Strawberry, Pistachio, Vanilla)




No comments:

Post a Comment