Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sombreo Mexican Taco Shop

There has been a lot of buzz about the new Taco Shop in Juffair.  Located just past American Alley, near the sports complex, is the small taco shop offering Southern California style tacos.  The reviews have been mixed, and I'll tell you why.  Let me tell you what Sombreo's is not, it's not Taco Bell, Senior Paco or Casa Mexicana.  You're not going to get tacos's loaded with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.  Now, what Sombrero's is however, a nice place to get a really good beef taco.  I've been there a couple times now, and I've tried the Beef Taco (1.8BD) and California Carne Asada (burrito) (3BD).  Both I thought were very good.  The owner (a SOCAL Native) told me the taco's are all hand made and involves a lot of work by the cook. First the beef preparation in the morning, then they actually make the tortilla when you order. The result is very good.  The California burrito was stuffed with meat and potato and was very tasty.  To top it off, I would recommend an order of the chips and guacamole (1BD). The owner also told me they are open for breakfast in the morning, so I'll have to check that out on another trip.  


California Burrito with Chips and Guacamole


Beef Taco and Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment