Wednesday, May 14, 2014

PF Chang's

I've been to PF Chang's a couple time now, but on this trip, my wife and I wanted to try all the popular recommendations I've been getting from others.  So, we ordered the Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps (3.75BD), Dynamite Combo (4.95), Chicken Noodle Soup 4.25BD) and Beef Lo Mein Noodles (5.5BD). The lettuce wraps are made with tofu vice chicken like we normally order.  The wraps were good, but I think the chicken wraps had more flavor and were overall better than the vegetable wraps.  The Dynamite combo (shrimp and scallops) were very good.  I actually liked the scallops the best, however, they come deep fried with a heavy sauce.  These things are very popular, in fact, there was one of these dishes on just about every table at the restaurant. The Chicken Noodle Soup was a surprise.  I was expecting something like a Campbells Soup, but this soup was like an Asian melting pot of soups.  It came with noodles, chicken, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes with a taste of lemon grass.  It was like pho meets tom yum soup.  Very good.  The beef noodle was a standard beef noodle, nothing over the top, but it was good.  We had two Black Ice Teas to drink (1BD ea).  Be careful with the Ice Tea.  The black tea is very strong tasting and may be too much to drink. Overall, a great meal with a lot to take home for lunch the next day.  Overall, I would say the Soup was the big winner on this trip. 


Vegetable Lettuce Wraps

 



Chicken Noodle Soup



Beef Noodle and the Dynamite Combo

No comments:

Post a Comment