Saturday, December 7, 2013

Farmers Market

The Farmers Market is now open at the Agriculture Center in Budaiya on Saturday mornings. There are more vendors this year but I didn't notice any of the food stands that they had last year.  Although, I didn't venture too deep into the park to find them it there were.  They did however, have several artist painting pictures.  There was a large selection of vegetables, herbs and plants for sale.  I arrived around 0830 and found it best to park along the highway rather than compete for one of the few parking spaces in the parking lot.  The prices are very reasonable; I picked up a kilo of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers (green and purple), a head of cauliflower, a cantaloupe and some herbs for 4.2BD. 



My personal harvest.






















IMG_6516








No comments:

Post a Comment