Sunday, November 3, 2013

Casereccio (Italian)

Casereccio's is another Italian restaurant that is now open in Amwaj. The reviews I've been hearing from others have been less than stellar; however, all the Facebook advertisements I've been getting made me want to try it for myself.  The menu has a large selection of multiple course entree's at reasonable prices.  Our friends ordered the calzone, onion soup in a bread bowl and an order of potato strips. Although my friend made it clear when he ordered that he only wanted pepperoni and cheese in the calzone, it came back with mushrooms and asparagus. The kind waiter returned the calzone and returned in short time with the correctly ordered calzone.  My wife and I opted for pasta with fried calamari.  I had the Arrabbiata Penne pasta and my wife had the Siciliana Fettuccine.  I was disappointed with the calamari. The calamari was mostly fried breading and the portion was pretty small (6 small pieces) for 3.8BD.  However, the pasta dishes were very good.  Nice size portions and priced right at 3.0BD each.  The atmosphere was very nice and comfortable, with outside and inside seating available.  I would go back for the pasta.   



Arrabbiata Penne Pasta 

Siciliana Fettuccine  

 

Potatos 


Calzone

 

Fried Calamari

 


Onion Soup in Bread Bowl 

Complimentary Appetizer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment