Monday, September 30, 2013

Med Cafe

After visiting the Bahrain Mall, we noticed a Med Cafe located just in front of the parking entrance of the mall.  My wife and I decided to stop for a coffee after we finished our shopping.  Walking up to the entrance, there were signs directing family and non-smoking patrons to use the back entrance.  Since we are non-smokers, I continued to the back entrance.  Once inside, we could smell the aroma of the hooka.  Sure enough, the Cafe is divided into smoking and non-smoking dining areas. 

The place took me back to Mykonos, Greece, with all the blue and white design, which was very welcoming.  After reviewing the menu, I was surprised to see how comprehensive it was for a Cafe.  So instead of coffee, we ordered a light lunch instead.  My wife indulged in the Chocolate Banana Crepe and Black Tea and I opted for the Saj Tawouk Pita and a Diet Coke. The pita was pretty good and crepe was excellent. The restaurant offers a large selection of turkish style dishes, desserts and juices at a very reasonable price. Our bill was about 6BD. 



Saj Tawouk Pita


Chocolate Banana Crepe


Black Tea


Med Cafe next to the Bahrain Mall


No comments:

Post a Comment