Friday, June 13, 2014

Joey's Pizza

Ok, pizza fans, there's another pizza place open over in the new Nasser shopping complex (near the Nestle Toll House). My wife and I wanted to try the Garlic Bread with Cheese (1.5BD) and pizza.  We asked the waitress how big the large pizzas were, and she brought out the serving tray for the large and medium pizzas, and the large would've been the largest pizza I've seen in Bahrain.  We chose the medium pizza, which was perfect.  We ordered a half/half combo of the Bianca, which included pepperoni, green peppers and mushrooms, and the Capricciosa, which came with salami, pepperoni, olives and onions for only 4.2BD. Both were very good and filling.  There is a unique taste to the pizza sauce, which I couldn't put my finger on.  I'm not sure if it's tangy, or sweet, but it's different, and pretty good. The menu calls it "Joey's Famous Sauce", but didn't give the secret recipe.  The menu also offers pasta, Risotto and desserts.  We'll be back to try one of the pasta dishes in the future.


Half Bianca and Half Capricciosa 

 

Garlic Cheese Bread

DWTC


No comments:

Post a Comment