Friday, June 27, 2014

Frangipani (New Location)

A Frangipani has opened up in the new Nasser shopping center.  I've been to the one at Seef Mall, so my wife and I were excited to check out the new restaurant. The staff was very welcoming and the restaurant offered regular dining as well as teppanyaki style service.  For appetizer, I ordered the seaweed salad (2.5BD).  I thought it was delicious and would go back just for the seaweed salad alone.  For my main, I went for a yakitori theme, and ordered the grilled chicken and the grilled squid (1.9BD/2.2BD). The chicken was ok and I would say the squid was good.  My wife ordered the Mongolian Beef (5.2BD) and we shared the Volcano Roll (4.3BD).  The beef was delicious; however, the Volcano roll was a little disappointing.  The rolls came out with a heaping of crab salad on top of the sushi rolls and was very messy.  Overall, it was nice meal. The star of the meal for me was the seaweed salad.  



Seaweed Salad


Mongolian Beef 


Volcano Roll, Grilled Squid, Grilled Chicken 

No comments:

Post a Comment