Friday, November 15, 2013

Tony Lukes (Juffair)

I finally made it to the much anticipated Tony Luke's in Juffair.  I'm a HUGE fan of the Tony Lukes in Riffa, so I've been talking up the Juffair location to all my friends for quite some time.  To my surprise, I've been hearing a lot of mediocre reviews from my friends since its opening.  I ordered home delivery, which showed up rather quickly.  I ordered my favorite, the cheese steak "Works" (with onion and peppers) and BBQ french fries.  What was different about this order, was they asked if I wanted wheat or white bread and if I wanted "wiz" cheese.  These were two options I don't recall having at the Riffa location.  The sandwich was smaller in length and was a different type of roll than what I had in Riffa.  Likewise, the sandwich was a little drier than what I'm used to.  In Riffa, the juices would run down your arm because it was so juicy.  The fries we great; but over all, I was disappointed with the sandwich.  It was still good, but I liked the sandwiches in Riffa much better.  My question now is if they changed the sandwich in Riffa.  I'll have to go out and visit to find out. 



The Works Cheese Steak


No comments:

Post a Comment